1/2 Photos of Griddled Cheddar-Apple Dippers
A unique grilled sandwich from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices white cheddar cheese (can use more slices of cheese if desired) or 8 slices yellow cheddar cheese (can use more slices of cheese if desired)
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced (such as Gala, Golden Delicious or Honeycrisp, make sure the apples are firm)
- 1Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter. Spread remaining butter on 4 slices of bread.
- 2Lay the remaining slices of unbuttered bread down into the skillet and pile them up with 2 or 3 slices of cheese and a handful of sliced apples each. Cap off each sandwich with a slice of buttered bread, butter side up.
- 3Cook the sammies until golden brown on the bottom, then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted, 3-4 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Griddled Cheddar-Apple Dippers
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 725.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 19.6 g