A unique grilled sandwich from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Griddled Cheddar-Apple Dippers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices white cheddar cheese (can use more slices of cheese if desired) or 8 slices yellow cheddar cheese (can use more slices of cheese if desired)
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced (such as Gala, Golden Delicious or Honeycrisp, make sure the apples are firm)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter. Spread remaining butter on 4 slices of bread.
- Lay the remaining slices of unbuttered bread down into the skillet and pile them up with 2 or 3 slices of cheese and a handful of sliced apples each. Cap off each sandwich with a slice of buttered bread, butter side up.
- Cook the sammies until golden brown on the bottom, then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted, 3-4 minutes per side.