1/1 Photo of Griddle Veggie Cakes
These are much like potato latkes, but without the potato. The idea was born out of that time of the year when everyone and their cousin has way too much squash from their gardens. Plus, it got my picky eaters to enjoy some veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine by hand the squash, zucchini, onion, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Remove the excess liquid from the mixture.
- 2Heat a large non-stick griddle over high heat; it will be hot enough when a drop of water sizzles when dropped on the surface.
- 3Working in small batches, carefully drop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto the hot griddle.
- 4Flatten with a spatula to form pancake shape. Do not overcrowd the pan!
- 5Cook for a 2-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
- 6Keep warm in a low oven (250°F) until all cakes are made, if desired.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Griddle Veggie Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 331.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g