These are much like potato latkes, but without the potato. The idea was born out of that time of the year when everyone and their cousin has way too much squash from their gardens. Plus, it got my picky eaters to enjoy some veggies.
- In a large bowl, combine by hand the squash, zucchini, onion, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Remove the excess liquid from the mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle over high heat; it will be hot enough when a drop of water sizzles when dropped on the surface.
- Working in small batches, carefully drop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Flatten with a spatula to form pancake shape. Do not overcrowd the pan!
- Cook for a 2-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
- Keep warm in a low oven (250°F) until all cakes are made, if desired.
Very tasty! I enjoyed these on their own for a light lunch. Thanks Jess! Maade for PRMR game.
These were very good. They are easy to put together. We ate them with a little salsa. Thanks!