Recipe by KWB
This is our family pancake recipe from my youth. I think my mom is sick and tired resending me the recipe whenever I lose it. Anyway, this is NOT your light and fluffy bready pancakes, but more like a thick crepe. It doesn't get all water-logged with syrup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, for oiling the griddle
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and milk and blend, then stir in butter.
- Do not overmix, the pancakes will be lighter if the batter is not too smooth.
- Grease griddle lightly with oil.
- Pour enough batter for a 4 inch pancake.
- When bubbles form turn and cook the other side.