Gribnoi Sup (Mushroom Soup)
- Wash and soak the dried mushrooms overnight.
- Use the water they soaked in and mix with the stock.
- Cook mushrooms, the quartered onions, and the carrot in the stock along with the peppercorns and the bay leaves until soft.
- Take the mushrooms out of the stock. Chop them and fry with the remaining chopped onions in a little butter. When onions are clear, sprinkle with the flour and stir.
- At the same time, cook the well-washed barley in a little water. When cooked, beat until the barley is creamy and white.
- Dice the potatoes and add these to the original stock.
- Add the mushroom mixture and the creamed barley to the stock.
- Boil for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Season to taste.