Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely refreshing summertime coctail. With a stunning presentation. I bit of a variation on the tired old greyhound
- prepare the rim of a tall glass that has been just taken out of the freezer, by rubbing it with a slice of lime and then spinning it on a plate full of sugar.
- place ice, grapefruit slices, and cherries in glass
- I add about 1 tablespoon sugar over the ice cubes but I like this sweet.
- Add 1-2 ounces vodka and fill to the rim with the grapefruit juice.
- stirr lightly to mix the liquids.
- add a straw and garnish with a slice of lime on the rim.
A nice change to a traditional greyhound. I made this for my MIL who enjoyoed it greatly. I tend to like more bitter drinks so it was too sweet for me, but she loved it - it was right up her alley!!