Recipe by Hill Family
These mushrooms are like Lays ... you can't eat just one. You will be stuffed when you waddle away because these are so good.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used 6 large field mushrooms (weight of 500 grams - just over the pound) and there wasn't enough stuffing to cover all six properly (would need to double bread, parmesan and garlic powder (didn't use onion powder) to do this. It took about 20 minutes to cook in the oven. Hubby would like to try them again but cook on the b-b-q. Thank you Hill Family for a keeper with adjustments. This was made for the 2007 tag game.
- 25 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 -4 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop them up.
- Melt butter, stir in mushroom stems, crumbled bread, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese.
- Stuff mushroom caps with stuffing, bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature.