Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I would like a hot Italian to go with this soup!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mild Italian sausage
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 medium green pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian cut green beans
- 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Brown Italian sausage and drain.
- Add garlic, onion and stir until limp.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, break into pieces, add broth, and basil.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minute then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes longer.
Well, I made a few changes to suit my taste and it worked out quite well. I used fresh basil (2 tsps) and diced tomatoes instead of stewed, because that's what I had a lot of on hand. I substituted frozen for canned beans. I omitted the 1 1/2 cups water, because I wanted a thicker soup. And I only added the pssta about 12 minutes before the end of cooking. This made for a very satisfying meal. Oh, and the beef broth I used was low-sodium.
For us, this soup tasted better the second day after cooking it. Thank you.
This is an easy recipe to make. I had hot italian sausage so our soup was spicy the way we like things. It had a nice flavor. The only thing I'd do different nice time would be to add the pasta the last 10 minutes of cooking time. 25 minutes was to long for the pasta. Thank you for a quick recipe.