Recipe by Hill Family
You don't need a band aid but it will look like you do. Like everything truely great ... you have to wait. This is a time consuming salad but worth the wait.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I love pomegranat, mum always peeled them for me and we would eat them together. I reduced this recipe as it was just to much for our family. I used two pomegranates, 300 grams (10 oz) canned fruit salad, 375 grams (13 oz) pineapples and two bananas. I skipped the sauce/juice mixture as I preferred it to be a healthy desert and served them with lactose free cream. There was no leftovers as Hubby (DH) and I really enjoyed the salad. Thank you Hill Family.
- 5 -6 peeled and separated pomegranates
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained, reserve the juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserve the juice
- 6 bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- The easist way to remove the seeds from the pomegranates is to cut each end, slightly score the skin of the fruit. Place it in a bowl of water and gently pull apart. Rub your thumbs along the seed pods to remove them. The seeds will float to the bottom and all the 'junk' will float to the top.
- Add all fruit (save juice) to a large mixing bowl. (except bananas, those you will add right before serving).
- Put all juices from fruit into a sauce pan.
- In a separate small bowl make a mixture of sugar, corn starch, and add a little water like you are making thickening for a gravy.
- Bring the fruit juices to a boil and mix in thickening.
- Mix it really well and let cool COMPLETELY it should really thicken up, if not go ahead and add a little more.
- After it has completely cooled add it to the fruit.
- Whip your cream adding lots of sugar as you go, make sure it is good and sweet.
- When you are ready to serve, add your cream and bananas to the rest of the fruit.
- *this makes a huge salad so if you want smaller cut recipe in half.