Recipe by Mary Gibson
This recipe was made by my sister's sister-in-law for a dinner at Christmas time several years ago. My sister made it for a celebration and now every Christmas I make the dish because I have the best access to fresh Brussels sprouts.
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (If desired, grate fresh nutmeg over dish before serving instead of using nutmeg from a can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fresh brussel sprouts in half and remove any unwanted leaves, also imerse in water.
- Set aside to drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp and remove bacon from pan.
- Fry the raw brussel sprouts in bacon grease until tender and brown.
- Stir in pine nuts, chopped bacon and nutmeg.