Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was made by my sister's sister-in-law for a dinner at Christmas time several years ago. My sister made it for a celebration and now every Christmas I make the dish because I have the best access to fresh Brussels sprouts.
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (If desired, grate fresh nutmeg over dish before serving instead of using nutmeg from a can)
- Cut fresh brussel sprouts in half and remove any unwanted leaves, also imerse in water.
- Set aside to drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp and remove bacon from pan.
- Fry the raw brussel sprouts in bacon grease until tender and brown.
- Stir in pine nuts, chopped bacon and nutmeg.
Great way to serve Brussel Sprouts, even to some of my family who don't like them
Sorry, found some of the other brussel sprout recipes used the frozen ones. They all sound delicious. Thank you Could frozen brussel sprouts be used in all of these recipes
This was really good. I cut the recipe down, using 3 slices of bacon and about 6 brussels sprouts. I needed to add a couple of TBS of water to "help" them cook a little better because it didn't quite enough bacon grease. and to soften them a little more. I didn't have any pine nuts. The nutmeg gave them a nice flavor. I will be making these again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.