Recipe by Hill Family
One thing we Hill's know is Dessert ... this is another good example of that.
Top Review by Chad-Randi C.
What I love most about this dessert is its versatility. Sometimes I add peanut butter to the cream cheese layer and put crushed peanut butter cups on top. Or you can put mint extract and green food coloring in the cream cheese mixture and then andes mint pieces on top. I have also put cocoa in the cream cheese, used butterscotch pudding and put heath pieces on top. Or use lemon pudding and it makes a great lemon dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 13 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer 1: soften margarine. Mix with flour, add pecans. Put into 9 x 13 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Layer 2: Mix powdered sugar with cream cheese, add 1 cup of cool whip, and spread on crust.
- Layer 3: Mix instant pudding with milk. Follow pkg directions and spread over layers.
- Layer 4: Top the 3 layers with remaining Cool Whip. Garnish with shaved chocolate bar and top with cherries and chopped nuts.