Recipe by Jess N
I took a great cooking class at a Whole Foods store. This is one of the great recipes I got that night. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs chicken quarters
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed and coarsely sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard (prepared)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin and clean chicken. Place chicken in a large baking pan.
- Mix all remaining ingredients and add to baking pan (with chicken). Be sure to mix well with chicken coating both upper and lower surfaces of the chicken.
- Cover baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for roughly 30 minutes.
- Flip each piece of chicken and continue to bake uncovered.
- Flip chicken one more time when most of the liquid has been reduced. At this point, baste the chicken as well.
- Continue cooking a short while longer until chicken has slightly browned on top.