Recipe by Bergy
Using the Garlic, parsley, lemon mixture really gives a great flavor treat
Top Review by ChefKinder
Made this for a large group (triple the recipe). I left out the lemon juice when steaming the green beans. The color was good and the gremolata perfectly seasoned the beans. I'm a green bean fan so I've made several times since and enjoy the leftovers all week. Very fresh taste when made with fresh green beans, but I also made with whole frozen beans and can't tell much difference. Thank you!
- 453.59 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml lemon, zest of, minced
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil (I use Lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the gremolata: The ingredients must be hand chopped with a knife.
- Stir together the zest, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Slowly pour in the oil constantly stirring until it is well blended.
- It can be kept covered in the fridge for 3 days.
- Steam the bean until crisp tender.
- While hot, toss with two tablespoons of "Gremolata" and sprinkle with lemon juice
- Serve hot or at room temperature (the lemon juice will turn the beans brown so do not do this ahead of time).