Recipe by Boonyas mom
This is my husband's creation and it is so good. Make sure to serve it with some nice crusty bread to mop up the sauce. We serve it as a starter but it could easily be a main dish with greek orzo. The fresh herb and real lemon juice make a big difference.
Top Review by dp1091
delicious! i added the shrimp right into the sauce, cooked a little, then tossed into baking dish and put it into the fridge and heated it up later for dinner. thanks for posting, ill make it again with some greek lemon potatoes next time.
- 3 lbs extra-large shrimp, uncooked
- 2 (28 ounce) cans plum tomatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (GREEK of course)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 white onions, sliced thinly
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and butterfly the shrimp.
- Set shrimp aside.
- Saute the onions and garlic in 2tsp olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and wine to onion and garlic and cook for 1/2hour over low heat (the longer the better the sauce.
- saute shrimp until just barely pink, add to sauce.
- Add fresh oregano,lemon juice and zest
- Pour everything into baking dish and crumble the feta on top.
- Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes.