Recipe by Gregory Hehn
When it hits 90 & 100 this is a real summer cool down. Great to serve by the pool.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled & chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 liter spicy bloody mary mix
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic (minced or put in garlic press)
If Serving for company garnish with
- sour cream
- cucumber, thinly sliced
- diced green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I use my food processor for this summer hit, but you can use a blender if you add Bloody Mary Mix when chopping Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Onion.
- First, finely chop Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Onion and put in large bowl.
- Add the Liquids, Vinegar, Oil and Bloody Mary Mix and then add the dry ingredients and mix and cool in refrigerator.
- If serving for party.
- add the garnish and serve in clear glass bowls, may floating on ice.