1/2 Photos of Greg's Good As Gold Spaghetti Sauce
3 hrs 25 mins
Gregory Hehn's Note:
We played with many recipes and created this Spaghetti Sauce. It great to use for cooking a large batch and giving to those who have suffered a illness or death in the family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes (Roma)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh would be best)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Heat the oil in a large Dutch over or stock pot with heat set at medium.
- 2Add the diced garlic, diced onions and sliced mushroom and brown.
- 3Add the ground beef and Italian sausage with the skins peeled off it links.
- 4Crumble the meat as you are browning over a medium to medium high heat.
- 5Brown till there is no pink on meat.
- 6Add the cans Italian tomatoes, tomato puree a tomato paste and the sliced olive and mix well.
- 7Use a little water to clean cans and add to sauce.
- 8Add the dry red wine.
- 9Add the basil, oregano, parsley, red peper flakes, thyme, paprika, sugar, salt and bay leaf.
- 10Allow the spices to cook in and let simmer on medium-low heat covered.
- 11I normally let sauce simmer for 2 to 4 hours.
- 12Boil water and cook thin spaghetti per instruction.
- 13Remove the bay leaf Garnish the top with grated Romano or parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greg's Good As Gold Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.1
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 1810.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 28.6 g