Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The secret to great guacamole is: "Less is more!" Forget about the chili powder, the salsa from a jar, the sour cream, etc. Just keep it fresh and simple. Also, don't "over mash it."
- 3 avocados (Hass, medium)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup pico de gallo, preferably fresh
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado meat without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out the avocado meat with a large spoon and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the Pico de Gallo, garlic, oil, jalapeno and salt.
- Gently mash and toss the avocado pieces.
- The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain.
- Do not overmash.
Greg this is perfect. Can I add one small trick I learned from my "abuelita"? Crush the garlic and the salt together until you have a puree. Thanks for posting this! T.J.