Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really got into health foods and I really like this recipe because even the store bought healthy breads didn't seem all that healthy when I read their ingredients. You will really like it too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (I prefer filtered water)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unpasteurized honey
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (also optional)
- In the bread machine pan mix warm water, olive oil and honey.
- Dump in flour, raw oats, salt, wheat gluten and flax seed.
- Make a well in the center and put the package of yeast in the well.
- If using the bread machine this will make a 2 LB loaf.
- I usually let the bread dough mix and rise in the bread machine for about an hour and 10 minutes.
- Then I dump the dough in a regular pan, punch it down, let it rise in the oven on low for 20 minutes and then bake at 375°F until dark golden brown.
This is the best bread ever and so easy in the bread machine. I've never written a review before, but I just had to let people know how good this is. Even my husband who complains about "healthy" bread loved it and the kids keep asking for more. The only changes I made were using whole wheat flour for 1/2 the flour and using chia seeds instead of the flax seeds. I did not use the wheat gluten. This makes GREAT toast and I"m sure it would make great sandwich rolls as well. Thanks so much for sharing!
Fantastic Bread! Lots of flavor and a favorite in our house now! I use this to make sandwich rolls also and they go well with just about anything! Thanks for sharing!
Loved this bread! very tasty and not much left after my family got ahold of it. Thanks for sharing