Top Review by Lou
my daughter made this and brought me a piece. Delicious! Except she used the entire bag of cranberries in it, and used pecans instead of macadamia nuts... It was so good... had a sweet,, tart taste.. Wonderful! I would follow my daughters changes, but use splenda instead of sugar..
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, coursely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Mix first five ingredients.
- Then add OJ, peel, shortening and egg and mix until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Spread in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until you get clean toothpick.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Eat it warm with milk.