Recipe by Bec
Greggie's hotdish is a hotdish that was my uncle Greg's absolute favorite, so it was his! We always serve this with Green Stuff, corn, and Gedney pickles. Everyone in the family loves it! We always double the recipe, simply using a full 24 ounce container of cottage cheese and a 16 ounce container sour cream, and cooking it in two baking dishes.
Top Review by Little Bee
This is also one of DH's favorite hotdish (or casseroles) I have made this many times and we don't find it bland at all as the previous reviewer stated. This dish is meant to be rich and filling not spicy and it is all that! This is stick to your ribs true comfort food! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (dash)
- 1 cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (more or less)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to ground beef.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Take 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup cottage cheese and combine with noodles.
- Layer noodles on bottom, then layer of meat, then layer of noodle; end with meat on top.
- Cover with shredded cheese (I often wait to put the desired amount of cheese on for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time, so the cheese doesn't get burned).
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until bubbly; covered with foil.