Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found a similar idea for a quick recipe like this on a blog, and I changed it up, adding some veggies, and changing the sauce around a bit. I often add different veggies, based on what I have, but this is just a quick, easy, and inexpensive thing to throw together when you don't really feel like cooking or there's not much around.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor you like)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (adjust for however much heat you like) or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (adjust for however much heat you like)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- broccoli floret
- shredded carrot
- Cook the Ramen noodles as directed without the seasoning packet (but save the packet), then drain them.
- Meanwhile, mix together the peanut butter, half of the seasoning packet, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce (or sriracha), and add enough (about 2-3 Tablespoons) hot water to get it to a saucy consistency.
- Coat the noodles with the sauce, add any optional veggies, and stir.
- Top with the coconut flakes and enjoy!