Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I learned this recipe in Greensboro NC, hence the name. I've been told it's popular in Texas too.It's a birthday favorite at our house. It's what cheesecake cupcakes Sour Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes is based on. You can substitute low-fat cream cheese and sour cream and the taste & texture are still good. Delicious with fresh peach slices under the berrry glaze. Cooking & prep time do not include cooling overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulvarize the graham crackers and mix with butter (can be melted or softened) and 1/4 c sugar. Pat into the bottom of a spring-form pan.
- Smooth together cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 c sugar ,& vanilla. Put on top of crust and bake in 350 degree oven 20 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 c sugar and sour cream. Pour over baked part of cake and cook for 8 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight covered.
- Mix berries and corn starch in a suace pan. Bring to a boil and stir until clear. Add lemon juice to taste. When cool, pour on top of cheesecake.