Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very good salad which we enjoyed. 3 Points Plus per serving. Recipe source: WW magazine.
- 1 (16 ounce) container strawberries, hulled
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) container baby greens
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- To make dressing chop 6 strawberries and then cut remaining berries into quarters and set aside.
- In a food processer puree chopped strawberries, shallot, vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, honey and salt.
- In a large salad bowl combine greens, quartered strawberries and kiwi (we added some cheese too). Drizzle with dressing and toss.
Made this with a huge head of romaine and some very under ripe kiwi. The taste (besides the kiwis) was really good but found looks of the dressing really distracted from the salad. Made oodles of salad ... Will update on what the leftovers are like.
Yum! And pretty too! Perfect colors for a Christmas meal!!! I didn't have any oranges in the fridge (I was SURE I did LOL) so I subbed out lemon juice and then compensated for the lack of sweetness by using my super sweet, thick, aged balsamic. It was WONDERFUL!!! Love the use of fruit in dressing like that. I had mine atop some romaine mixed with ruby streaked baby mustard greens (for just a tiny bit of bite) - I like LIG's suggestion of adding some spinach in there. I did add feta cheese to half of the salad and I think it was better without. And then on hubby's salad, I added cheese (he thinks all salads need cheese) and 1/2 a warm chicken breast and I didn't hear any complaints out of this mouth! Thanks for posting!
Yummy salad! The dressing is fabulous. I love the combination of strawberries and kiwi atop greens (I used a combination of romaine and spinach). I will make this salad often. Thank you!