Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can cook the beans in advance until crisp-tender, then refrigerate. Just before serving, give them a quick stir-fry with garlic and lemon juice. This recipes is from cooking light but I added some parm cheese for some extra flavor.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet. Add beans; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain beans; pat dry.
- Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with parsley.
This was so good and so easy to make! My kids love it even the picky eater that never eats green beans!