Chives right out of the garden make a tasty dressing for fresh garden greens!!Walnuts add a little crunch. Adapted from Canadian Living mag.
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups boston lettuce, torn
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Chive dressing: In a salad bowl, whisk together, vinegar, mayonnaise, chives or green onions, olive oil, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Greens: To the dressing add, lettuce, spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and toasted walnuts.
- Toss to coat.
The garden is groaning for me to pluck & pick and enjoy it's bounties ant that I did with this heavenly dressing. Had this salad for lunch with cold sliced chicken breast - very very good - This dressing will be a regular Thanks Dorothy
I would rate this 2.5 stars if I could. DH and I found the dressing to be way too tangy for our tastes. But it does have potential.
I made just the chive dressing for a green salad. Good dressing.