Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious recipe - love the combo of smooth, crisp, velvety, savory. Found in the Miami Herald. Dressing will keep 3 days (like it's going to need to last that long! LOL) per the article.
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (fruity, Spanish)
- 1 lb bacon (cooked until crisp)
- 1 avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1 lb mesclun
- To make the dressing, combine the chopped avocado, buttermilk, vinegar, shallots, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender; process until smooth. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin stream and process until smooth.
- To make the salad, toss the mesclun with the bacon in a large bowl. Add ½ cup dressing and toss until evenly coated. (Refrigerate remaining dressing for later use.).
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and mound on 8 salad plates. Tuck avocado wedges into greens. Makes 8 servings plus 1 cup additional dressing.