2 hrs 30 mins
This is a delicious recipe from the 1993 Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Cooking magazine. For those who enjoy greens, the stuffing adds a nice flavor. Our family has enjoyed this for Sunday or Holiday meals. We like it with Black-eyed Pea Salad (#200098) and a potato dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ham meaty side up on a cutting surface.
- 2On the meaty side, cut 5 or 6 pockets parallel to the bone (lengthwise) about 1 - 2 inches deep and 3/4 inch apart; set aside.
- 3In a medium skillet, bring water to a boil.
- 4Add kale and celery, cover, and reduce heat to low, cooking for 10 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 6Drain kale and celery.
- 7Stir in butter, brown sugar, vinegar, pepper and mustard.
- 8Add bread cubes; toss to mix.
- 9Spoon stuffing into the pockets of the ham.
- 10Tie with kitchen string to keep in place if necessary.
- 11Place ham, stuffed side up, on a rack in a shallow roaster.
- 12DO NOT ADD WATER OR COVER THE PAN.
- 13Bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 150°F.
- 14IF NECESSARY, cover ham loosely with foil after 1 hour to prevent burning.
- 15To serve, slice ham perpendicular to the bone.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greens Stuffed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.9
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 206.0 mg
- Sodium 3612.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 47.8 g