Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a newspaper a few years ago, made it and been making it ever since. If you love your greens, you'll love this salad. I have also used other greens on different occasions. Your choice on how much mustard you use......... 1 or 2 teaspoons.
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spear
- 150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed
- 150 g shelled fresh peas
- 50 g rocket
- 50 g Baby Spinach
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Remove woody ends from asparagus and cut into equal lengths.
- Cook the peas and aspragus in boiling salted water for around 2 minutes or until just tender but still crisp. Do not overcook them and when removed from water refresh them in a bowl of iced cold water. Drain, pat dry and place into a bowl with rocket, spinach and celery.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste and mix well through. Pour over salad, and toss.
Definitly a very health salad!! I just love salads, could practicly live on them. I didn't change anything in this salad, for the exception that just add in some red onions sliced into rings, just to give it a little more colour. This is a keeper in my book, thanks for posting.
Very good! Healthy too! I made double the dressing because it didn't seem like enough and it was still great!
This was a huge hit!!! Absolutely delicious! I made this early in the afternoon and put all the veggies (except the green leafies) in the dressing to marinate. Then added the spinach & rocket before serving. Refreshing the veggies in ice water made them bright green and beautiful! This is a keeper!