Like the restaurant dish, Greens and Beans, this recipe takes it to a new level by adding Italian sausage and pasta. This is an awesome tasting dish that takes me back to my Italian Grandmother's kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute sausage and garlic together until sausage is browned.
- 3Stir in escarole and cook until wilted.
- 4Stir in chicken broth, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5Add drained cooked pasta, beans and Parmesan cheese to skillet and stir over low heat for about 5 minutes until juices thicken.
- 6Serve topped with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
- 7Note: If you cannot find the escarole in a sack, use 1 bunch of fresh escarole, chopped.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greens 'n Beans Pasta With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.3
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 1126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.2 g