1 hr 40 mins
This is basically a meatloaf made with ground pork and ham, served on a bed of baby spinach, with an egg on top. The loaf itself can be prepared ahead of time and reheated in a skillet or in the microwave oven. Because there is ham in this, the loaf will look a little "pink," but you will know it's done if your instant read thermometer reaches 160 degrees F. From Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 12 ounces ground cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (6 ounce) packages fresh Baby Spinach
Quick Dill Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cider; stir in oats, green onions, mustard, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
- 3Add pork and ham and mix well; lightly pat mixture into a loaf pan.
- 4Bake to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours; let sit 10 minutes and spoon off any accumulated fat.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 6Break 4 eggs into the skillet, season with salt and pepper; reduce heat to low, cover and cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Repeat with remaining 4 eggs; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 8Wipe out skillet and cook the spinach, in two batches, in oil just until wilted; remove from pan.
- 9To make the dill sauce, in a small saucepan, over medium low heat, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard; cook, while stirring, until hot (thin with milk if needed).
- 10To serve, place some spinach on the plate, top with a meatloaf slice, and an egg; top with dill sauce and fresh dill.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greens, Egg, and Ham Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.5
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 314.4 mg
- Sodium 318.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.1 g