Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Giant Food Healthy Ideas, this looks like a yummy and easy salad. It said 6 cups dark leaf lettuce or fresh spinach, I figured both together would be good. I prefer using plain yogurt for dietary reasons as well as I like the tartness and consistency better.
- 3 cups dark leaf lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 12 red radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (or green onions)
- fresh ground black pepper, as garnish
- Divide the lettuce and spinach amongst 4 plates. Arrange the cucumber slices and radishes over the greens.
- Combine the sour cream or yogurt with the vinegar and chives, spoon over each plate.
- Sprinkle each with fresh black pepper, serve immediately.
I loved this salad! I wasn't sure how the dressing would turn out. I used reduced fat sour cream and opted for the scallions. It was surprisingly good and not too thick or too runny. I also loved that it used both leaf lettuce and spinach. This is so simple, yet not the same-old salad. Thanx for posting!