1/1 Photo of Greens and Herbs Salad With Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
Tia Mouse's Note:
This is a versatile salad, so mix it up (no pun intended) however YOU like it! You can easily add sliced protein (steak or fish, etc.) and some fresh bread to make a meal out of this one. The vinaigrette was born out of a desire to use up some orange marmalade and to dress a lunch salad. (Read: light, fresh, bright) The photo has a jalepeno because I was so close to chopping some up. I think it will be great... next time! NOTE: We like our vinaigrette's more acid than oil, so if you prefer oily you'll need to probably DOUBLE the oil, and if you like sweet, add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of sugar, too! THE SYSTEM WON'T LET ME ADD THE 1 CUP OF RADDICHIO, but you'll want to add it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup green lettuce
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup frisee
- 1 cup chard leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced (large)
- 4 -8 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin (small to medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 -6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (we use reduced fat)
- 1/2-1 cup nuts, toasted in a dry, hot pan (walnuts, cashews, etc.)
- 1 orange, seeded, segmented and chopped (optional)
Vinaigrette (mkes about 1/2 cup)
- 1Mix greens and herbs together.
- 2Add celery, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and cucumber (and anything else you decided to add!).
- 3Prepare vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients except oil. Add oil gradually, whisking continuously until fully emulsified. (Or, if you prefer, add all ingredients to a sealed container and shake thoroughly.).
- 4If you like your lettuce "marinated", toss the vinaigrette into the salad and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5BEFORE SERVING: Add feta, walnuts (and oranges, if you're using them) and protein, if any, just before serving (don't toss).
- 6I hope you enjoy the salad as much as we do. It's a fresh alternative to the everyday!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greens and Herbs Salad With Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.6
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 555.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g