Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a must at your holiday dinner table for Thanksgiving or Christmas, it's an easy salad to put together and is really good! You can make your own recipe for raspberry walnut vinaigrette, or use the one with this recipe, this recipe goes back years and is from Gourmet magazine and I make it quite often, it's really good, or you can purchase a good-quality dressing.
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds or 1⁄3 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 red onion (sliced) (optional)
RASBERRY AND WALNUT VINAIGRETTE
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl toss together the salad greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and tomatoes.
- Top with diced avocado and onion slices (if using) then drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette.
- For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar; add in the oils in a slow steam whisking until the mixture is emulsified.
- Season with salt, then add in the tarragon.
- Serve on or on the side of the salad.