Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Escarole and White beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 lbs escarole
- 3 cups cooked white beans
- chicken broth
- Heat oil in saucepan. Stir in garlic and seasoning and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in greens.
- Cover and cook until wilted.
- Remove cover and stir in beans. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Chicken broth for juice and most importantly, flavor.
Great Summer comfort food. I use whatever greens are handy, Swiss chard, kohlrabi greens, collard greens, etc. Great, crusty bread on the side is key.
I am loving this healthier version of a classic. You can control how much broth to put in and whether to have it as a side dish like me, or in a bowl as a soup/stew with some crusty bread as another reviewer suggested. Thank you.
We ate this growing up. My Gram would send us down to the loacal baker to get fresh bread to eat with this.