Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tart, sweet apples go very nicely with tangy greens. This dish is especially nice with mustard greens or kale.
- 2 teaspoons soy margarine
- 2 medium-size granny smith apples, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 lb greens, rinsed and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender.
- Serve immediately.
What a wonderful combination. I was afraid it would be too sweet but it was perfect.
Very yummy--it's now my husband's favorite veggie dish. Good with turnip greens, too.
My S.O.loves mustard greens and really cleaned the plate when I made them this way. I didn't use soy margarine, just saute'd the apples in the apple juice before mixing with the greens. Even I liked it and I don't like greens normally!