Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Nice Chinese style greens, other greens may be used. A nice side for any meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 baby shanghi bok choy
- 2 baby bok choy
- 1 cup packed Baby Spinach
- 1 red pepper, hot,seeded and chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- In a large nonstick frypan, heat olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, saute until browned on both sides, 5 or 6 minutes.
- Wash and clean bock choys and spinach.
- Cut about an inch off the root end of the bok choy and separate.
- Add bok choys, spinach and red pepper to mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, add splenda.
- Saute for 2 minutes, add beef stock, cover and cook another 2 minutes or just until bok choy is tender.
- Uncover, add sesame oil, stir to mix.
- Whisk cornstarch into water, add to greens, stir and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 1 minute or til liquid thickens.
- Serve hot.
- Addition: I often sprinkle roasted sesame seeds, about a tablespoon, on finished dish just before serving.
Very good, tasty and different way to serve spinach. I doubled the recipe for the four of us without any problems with great results. Thanks for sharing!