Recipe by carolinafan
The Greenbrier is a beautiful resort in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. This is one way they prepare potatoes. They sometimes add horseradish to taste and half blue cheese or substitute sweet potatoes in the recipe.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I cut the recipe in 1/3.I used half & half and dry parmesan cheese.I also cooked the potatoes in the microwave. Then put them in the sauce to cook. It was faster and I didn't want the half and half to break down. I added some of the sauce to the eggs before stirring in the rest of the eggs and cheese.It was safer that way so you didn't get cooked portions of the egg in the sauce,baked. It was good.I did not use garlic.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse potatoes with cold water; place in a large saucepan. Add the cream, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in eggs and 2-3/4 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.