Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a great recipe to use your bounty of fresh, home-grown tomatoes. I use my potato ricer to squeeze the water out of cooked spinach - it does a wonderful job.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups progresso Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 12 slices tomatoes (large thick slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spinach according to package directions and squeeze dry.
- In large mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, onions, eggs, butter, parmesean cheese, worcestershire and all remaining seasonings including tabaso sauce.
- Add spinach to bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange tomato slices in buttered shallow baking dish.
- Mound spinach mixture on top of each tomato slice.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.