Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was the pasta dish we had for our Easter dinner this year!
- 1⁄2 lb cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 lb spinach tortellini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 lb asparagus tips, tips only
- 1⁄2 pecorino romano cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute shallots, red pepper flakes and garlic, about 2 minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts with liquid and asparagus tips and simmer 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add spinach leaves, basil and chopped parsley and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss lightly.
- Add Pecorino Romano cheese and stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle extra romano over the top and serve immediately.
I found a gem here! This has all my favorite ingredients and turned out great. The small change I made was used crushed garlic peppercorn spice for the red pepper flakes. This was also pretty easy to prepare, thanks for sharing.
Delicious! When do you add the artichokes?? and do you drain them or add the fluid to help make the sauce??