Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good vegetarian lasagna.
Make and share this Green & White Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk, heated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives, sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Stir Ricotta, and egg, add mozzarella cheese and 1/2 the parmesan. set aside.
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Do not let the mixture brown.
- Slowly whisk in the hot milk and bring just to a simmer, whisking frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking often, until the sauce has thickened to a creamy, gravy-like consistency and no longer tastes of raw flour, 6 to 8 minutes for a single batch, 10 to 12 minutes for a double batch.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- If not using right away, transfer to a bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the sauce to keep a skin from forming. Plan to use the sauce within 30 minutes because it thickens if it’s left to sit for too long. If that should happen, add a little warm milk and whisk well to thin it.
- Arrange noodles in bottom of greased 12 x 7 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Top with half the Spinach mixture.
- Spoon on 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Repeat lays and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until slightly brown and mixture is bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.