1 hr 10 mins
Maeve R's Note:
A good vegetarian lasagna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, heated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives, sliced
- 1 3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Stir Ricotta, and egg, add mozzarella cheese and 1/2 the parmesan. set aside.
- 2In a 2-qt. saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- 3Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Do not let the mixture brown.
- 5Slowly whisk in the hot milk and bring just to a simmer, whisking frequently.
- 6Reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking often, until the sauce has thickened to a creamy, gravy-like consistency and no longer tastes of raw flour, 6 to 8 minutes for a single batch, 10 to 12 minutes for a double batch.
- 7Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 8If not using right away, transfer to a bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the sauce to keep a skin from forming. Plan to use the sauce within 30 minutes because it thickens if it’s left to sit for too long. If that should happen, add a little warm milk and whisk well to thin it.
- 9Arrange noodles in bottom of greased 12 x 7 1/2 inch baking dish.
- 10Top with half the Spinach mixture.
- 11Spoon on 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture.
- 12Repeat lays and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until slightly brown and mixture is bubbly.
- 14Let stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green & White Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 209.3 mg
- Sodium 1211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 40.8 g