Recipe by Bergy
This is a great Brunch dish. You can "do ahead" and then pop it into the oven 30 minutes before serving. Goes well as a side dish and is good for a pot luck too
- 6 cups fresh spinach, washed,cooked until wilted,drain,reserve 8-10 leaves whole,squeeze and chop remaining spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- lemon wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 4 cup ring mould and line it with the 8-10 whole spinach leaves.
- Melt butter in a skillet and cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened, remove from heat.
- Mix together the onion, chopped spinach, milk, cheese, bread crumbs, dill, lemon rind, pepper and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the spinach lined mould.
- Bake in 350F degrees oven for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Invert onto a serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges.