This is an excellent vitamin-packed soup, full of wonderful flavor. From Souped Up by Jane Pettigrew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 85 g brown lentils
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 (400 g) cans artichokes, drained and quartered
- 115 g sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 115 g fresh spinach, thoroughly washed
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add the spring onions and garlic and cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add the lentils, celery, stock, parsley, thyme.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover pan and simmer gently for 25-30 minutes, until the lentils are almost cooked.
- 6Add the zucchini, artichokes and sugar snap peas and simmer for a further 8-10 minutes.
- 7Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in the pesto, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 9Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Vegetable and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: