Recipe by Girl from India
A nice starter or side dish which my mum's best friend and my Aunty Doris taught me
- 1 kg beef, undercut sliced finely against the grain and tenderised ti slightly
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 200 g coriander leaves
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (heaped)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 1⁄2 pieces ginger
- 5 -6 garlic flakes
- 5 -7 green chilies
- 2 -3 eggs
- breadcrumbs, to coat
- oil, to shallow fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the vinegar and salt into the meat.
- Grind the cilantro, curry leaves, cumin, pepper, ginger, garlic and chillies into a coarse paste Mix this into the meat and marinate for an hour Form the meat into bite sized balls.
- Beat the eggs and keep the breadcrumbs handy in a flat dish.
- Dip the balls into the egg batter and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in batches till golden brown.
- Serve hot.