Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Delicious, easy and EVERYONE loves them! I know there are a few other recipes out there, but these pinwheels are to-die-for! The green salsa and the corn tortillas are the trick. Mmmmmmm.... and I mean it! --Use the amount of ingredients to your liking, you can't go wrong!
- 7 ounces green chili salsa, Herdez, Green (ONLY use Herdez!)
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces corn tortillas, fresh
- If you can find fresh tortillas, use them- they make all the difference!
- Over an open gas (stove top) flame, place one tortilla at a time onto burner. Cook for 10-15 seconds per side and flip with tongs.
- Smear tortilla with cream cheese, add about half of a teaspoon of chiles and a plop of salsa.
- Roll up tortilla and slice it into single bite servings- or better yet, eat it up ALL BY YOURSELF. ;0).
These are awesome! These are such a nice change from the flour tortilla rollups. The only thing was....we ate them so fast that we forgot to take a picture. Update: We had them again and I did take a picture. Really a nice part of our Friday nite snack nite!
Herdez green is the *best* !!! Made half with corn torts and half with spinach torts due to picky eaters and while the spin torts were good, I preferred the corn! Served with sour cream mixed with smushed avocado, taco seasoning & grated onion as well as a jalapeno relish (green Herdez fresh jalapenos and onion, processed smooth & chilled 12-24 hours prior). Thanks for posting!