Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is from the Rachael Ray Show. I am making this tonight for a quick, easy dinner! Will post pictures ASAP! Would be great with a green salad for a figure friendly meal-maybe even a twist on the traditional taco salad??
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, stripped and shredded or 453.59-680.38 g leftover roast cooked turkey, shredded
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 453.59 g jar tomatillo salsa
- 340.19 g beer, any brand you like (approx size)
- 946.0 ml chicken stock
- 946.36 ml tortilla chips, divided (should be approx.4 handfuls)
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro leaves, to taste (recipe calls for 1 handful)
- 2 limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-high in a heavy pot.
- Add onions, garlic, and jalapeño until soft, approximately 4 minutes.
- Toss in chili powder and cumin, and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatillo salsa, beer and stock.
- Bring to a boil(bubbling) then add the chicken or turkey.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While that cooks, grind up 2 handfuls of the chips and the cilantro leaves in your food processor, or chop leaves and crush chips with flat of knife if not available.
- Stir into the chili and continue to cook until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice and spoon into bowls, serve with a side of chips or fresh tortillas.
- Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.