Recipe by Sharon123
This is a nice change from a traditional salad. From the Neely's Celebration Cookbook.
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups trimmed green beans, 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb cheese tortellini (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a large pot of salted boiling water, and a large bowl of ice water.
- Blanch the green beans in the boiling water, 1-2 minutes. Remove the beans with a spider or tongs, and shock them in the large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Add the tortellini to the same pot of boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- Combine the pecans and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add basil, parsley, mint, red pepper flakes, Parmesan, salt, pepper and the lemon juice and zest, and pulse again until finely chopped. Drizzle in the olive oil while the motor is running, and blend until thoroughly combined(this makes a pesto).
- Combine the green beans and tortellini in a serving bowl, and toss wit the pesto. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!