- 3 medium green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly sprinkle tomatoes with salt: drain on paper towels for 30 to 60 minutes.
- meanwhile, combine cornmeal Parmesan cheese, flour, garlic salt, oregano and pepper in a shallow plate.
- Dip each tomato slice into egg, then cornmeal mixture.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- fry tomatoes a few at a time, 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Drain on wire rack.
- Serve immediatly.