- 3 medium green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle tomatoes lightly with salt; drain on paper towels for 30-60 minutes.
- Mix together cornmeal, parmesan, flour, garlic salt, oregano, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip each tomato in beaten egg, then into the cornmeal mixture.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry tomatoes, in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel lined wire rack.
- Serve immediately.