Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These don't have to be cut into spirals; just thinly slice the green tomatoes instead. (I have a gadget that cuts potatoes, onions, etc into long spirals, like curly fries, and wondered how it would do with a green tomato. It did great!). These are best eaten right after frying as they tend to lose their crispiness the longer they sit. I serve them with ranch dressing.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 green tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- oil (for frying)
- Make egg wash by mixing egg and milk.
- Put sliced green tomatoes in a bowl and pour egg wash over them. Turn tomatoes so that they're all thoroughly coated, then pour tomatoes into a colander to drain.
- Put flour and seasoning salt in a plastic zip-top bag. Add tomatoes and shake to coat.
- Slowly add tomatoes to hot cooking oil in batches. They fry up quickly, so make sure not to burn them.