1/2 Photos of Green Tomato Relish (Hot Dog Relish)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
m f's Note:
I found this recipe in a canning book. It look easy, so I tried it. It tastes like the relish in the store. Plus, you can use all those green tomatoes you look at and hate going to waste.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tomatoes, onion, and pepper in large bowl.
- 2Sprinkle salt over vegetables, mix in,and let stand 1 hour.
- 3Drain vegetables.
- 4Combine drained vegetables, sugar, mustard, and celery salt in a large pot.
- 5Tie cloves in cheesecloth and add to mixture.
- 6Stir in vinegar and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Take out spice bag.
- 8Pack hot relish into hot jars.
- 9Leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- 10Place canning lids on jars.
- 11Process half pints for 10 minutes in hot water bath.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Relish (Hot Dog Relish)
Serving Size: 1 (1531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2850.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: