Prep1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a canning book. It look easy, so I tried it. It tastes like the relish in the store. Plus, you can use all those green tomatoes you look at and hate going to waste.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, and pepper in large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt over vegetables, mix in,and let stand 1 hour.
- Drain vegetables.
- Combine drained vegetables, sugar, mustard, and celery salt in a large pot.
- Tie cloves in cheesecloth and add to mixture.
- Stir in vinegar and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take out spice bag.
- Pack hot relish into hot jars.
- Leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Place canning lids on jars.
- Process half pints for 10 minutes in hot water bath.