Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from an elderly lady from Illinois. The relish is sweet and spicy--Yummy good!
- 3 quarts green tomatoes (ground-up)
- 1 quart sweet onion (ground-up)
- 6 sweet peppers (ground-up)
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 3 1⁄4 lbs white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt
- 3 teaspoons whole mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Pour boiling water over the mixture of tomatoes, onions and peppers; let set 10 minutes or more if busy.
- Drain well, squeezing out the excess liquid.
- Add the vinegar and spices.
- Boil for 30 minutes, or until thick.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.